Birdseed Chick Pea Chips
1 cup chick pea flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp turmeric
Approximately 1 cup water
- Mix the chick pea flour, salt and turmeric together.
- Gradually add a little water to make a paste. Continue to gradually add water until you have a smooth batter that is quite loose.
- Pour batter into a disposible piping bag, or a large zip lock bag or a squeezy dressing bottle. All of these work well.
- Snip a small hole in the bag and drizzle a stream of the batter into a medium hot and lightly oiled pan (if your pan’s a sticker).
- You can make shapes – hashtags, spirals, love hearts, initials, words – the list is endless.
- Flip shapes after around 30secs.
- Remove from the pan and place on some kitchen towel.
- Repeat until you have a pile of shapes
- Now that your chips are cooked you can flavour and crisp up, if you like.
- Put chips into a bowl and add salt and a splash of vinegar. Mix to coat. Place on greaseproof paper and place into a moderate oven to crisp up and set the flavour for around 15mins.
- Other flavour ideas: lime and black pepper. Paprika and garlic. Cumin and garam masala. Sweet chilli.
Use as a beer snack, scatter on top of salads, use as a dip dipper, add to soups as a fancy crouton.